Who can adopt a child in Kenya?
- Joint applicants who are married
- Minimum age of applicant is 25 years and at least 21 older than child to be adopted
- Applicant who is 21 and is a relative of the child
- Applicant who is a single mother
Who cannot adopt a child in Kenya?
- A sole male applicant intending to adopt a female child
- A sole female applicant who intending to adopt a male child
- Applicant above the age of 65
- A homosexual applicant
Can a foreigner adopt a child in Kenya?
- Yes, provided that (among other requirements) the applicant resides in Kenya for at least 3 months during bonding process with the child
- Foreigner who cannot adopt: (i) sole female applicant (ii) sole male applicant
Should a child be told he or she was adopted?
- Yes, but it depends on the age and maturity of the child
How do i benefit as a member of CWSK?
- You become part of the biggest organisation that supports children in Kenya